How Myeloma Crowd Began
In 2010, Jenny Ahlstrom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma and in 2012, she launched the Myeloma Crowd as a division of the CrowdCare Foundation. As a patient herself, she wanted support in ways that were not currently available and set out to fill gaps to empower myeloma patients at every step of their disease journey - from diagnosis, through education, care and on to a cure.
From 2012 to 2018, Myeloma Crowd expanded its programs to include:
- Myeloma Crowd Radio
- Myeloma Crowd News
- Myeloma Crowd Round Tables
- Myeloma Crowd Coaches
- Muscles for Myeloma 5ks
Launching HealthTree Cure Hub
In 2018, we circled back to an idea we had at the inception of the Myeloma Crowd - a tool called HealthTree that would invite patients to share their myeloma story and real world data to advance myeloma research. We created a beta product and in the summer of 2018 met with over 860 myeloma patients in a 50-city tour. We shared the idea for HealthTree on a video and then were invited to share our story on the Today show. Thanks to your participation, the HealthTree tool is now called HealthTree Cure Hub and includes over 11,000 patients who share their experience with myeloma researchers.
Patients started wondering if HealthTree Cure Hub was part of Myeloma Crowd and we knew a name change was in order. We made a decision to change our naming conventions from Myeloma Crowd and CrowdCare Foundation to HealthTree for Multiple Myeloma as a division of HealthTree Foundation.
Myeloma Crowd Becomes HealthTree for Multiple Myeloma
In 2021, we made an official name change from Myeloma Crowd to HealthTree for Multiple Myeloma. Jenny Ahlstrom continues to lead the HealthTree Foundation, our team members remain the same and our programs remain the same. Even our tax ID remains the same. You'll also notice a change to our program and product names align with the HealthTree name.
We now host the most extensive set of programs for multiple myeloma patients in the world. These include:
- HealthTree News for Multiple Myeloma - myeloma news in patient-friendly terms
- HealthTree Coach for Multiple Myeloma - experienced patients or caregivers who provide on-one-one support
- HealthTree University for Multiple Myeloma - the only comprehensive curriculum taught by over 150 multiple myeloma experts with hundreds of lessons
- HealthTree Cure Hub for Multiple Myeloma - a myeloma patient tool helping you navigate your myeloma and a way you can contribute to myeloma research
- HealthTree Podcast for Multiple Myeloma - podcast episodes with multiple myeloma experts
- HealthTree Round Tables for Multiple Myeloma - live meetings with myeloma experts
- HealthTree Community Events for Myeloma - topic based and geographic chapters with monthly webinars
- HealthTree Moves - a fitness app and fitness events to keep us fit
- Black Myeloma Health by HealthTree - Black patient navigators and a new website for Black patients and caregivers
- Mieloma Multiple - Spanish website for myeloma patients and caregivers
- HealthTree Myeloma Specialist Directory - a way for you to find a myeloma specialist
- HealthTree Clinical Trial Finder for Multiple Myeloma - a clinical trial finder tool to find available myeloma clinical trials
Donations and Contact Information
HealthTree for Multiple Myeloma is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit, tax ID 45-5354811. Donate online or mail checks to:
HealthTree Foundation for Multiple Myeloma
PO Box 1286
Draper, UT 84020
Please send questions or comments to email@example.com or call us at 1-800-709-1113.