HealthTree University: Clinical Trials
Uncover the role of placebos in myeloma clinical trials by watching the insightful videos below. Learn about how myeloma patients aren't treated as guinea pigs and understand what eligibility criteria are for a clinical trial. You can watch the whole Clinical Trials course at HealthTree University!
Find a clinical trail through our clinical trial finder here: https://healthtree.org/myeloma/community/clinical-trials
Are there placebos in myeloma clinical trials?
What are eligibility criteria for a clinical trial?
What does it cost to be part of a clinical trial? Is it covered by insurance?
Can patients drop out of a trial if they want to? When will I be removed from a trial?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Craig Hofmeister, MD, MPH
- Doug Sborov, MD, MS
- Jason Melear, MD
- Mike Thompson, MD, PhD, FASCO
- Jonathan Kaufman, MD
We have over 500 HealthTree University videos online at HealthTree University! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Myeloma Care Basics
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- Geriatric Care and Myeloma
- Myeloma Kidney Disease
- Myeloma Basics (Spanish)
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma
- Complementary and Integrated Therapy
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
- Clinical Trials
- Understanding Basic Blood Tests
- Myeloma Vaccines
about the author
Clark Ahlstrom is the video team manager for HealthTree University and oversees video production of new HealthTree University videos. He started working at the foundation together with Jenny Ahlstrom, his mother, after her myeloma diagnosis.
More on Myeloma Basics
ASH 2023 HealthTree 360° Blood Cancer Research Reception: Advancing Your Research Using HealthTree Data and Technology
Dec 07 / 18:00 PST