HealthTree University: Geriatric Care and Myeloma
Age doesn't determine who is eligible for treatment, however your fitness level does. Discover the guidelines used by myeloma specialists to determine your fitness level and how to treat myeloma based off of your health in these videos. You can watch the entire course on HealthTree University.
39.05 Do guidelines exist to help the treating physician modify treatment based on frailty?
39.06 What are the different approaches to fitness based care?
39.07 Is under-treating fit geriatric patients a concern?
39.08 How do immunotherapies play a role in frail patients?
39.09 What does the future of geriatric treatment look like for myeloma patients?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Shakira Grant, MBBS
We have over 500 HealthTree University videos online at HealthTree University! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Myeloma Care Basics
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- Geriatric Care and Myeloma
- Myeloma Kidney Disease
- Myeloma Basics (Spanish)
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma
- Complementary and Integrated Therapy
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
- Clinical Trials
- Understanding Basic Blood tests
- Myeloma Vaccines
about the author
Cynthia (Cindy) Chmielewski is a professional educator and myeloma advocate. As a former teacher, she now teaches myeloma patients how to advocate for themselves as the Director of HealthTree University. You can follow her on Twitter @myelomateacher