A perfect plant-based choice for a weekend brunch or breakfast on-the-go.
Strawberry Oat Bars
Prep time: 20 min
Makes 10 servings
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour (ground oats)
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 5 tsp. Chia seeds
- 3 tsp cornstarch (more if not using Chia seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the ingredients for the strawberry filling in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Mix all dough ingredients together, mixing by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Press 2/3 of the dough evenly into a greased or lined baking dish. (9x13 pan)
- Pour the strawberry filling over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 dough on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
273 calories per serving. Total fat 9.5 grams, dietary fiber 6 grans, protein 7.1 grams