Understanding your lab values gives you a real advantage in the fight against myeloma. All the tests for light chains, bone marrow biopsies, genetic testing and other tests seem like burdens but each contribute to having an accurate picture of your cancer. Watch the following HealthTree University videos to get up to speed on this important aspect of your disease. You can watch the entire course at university.healthtree.org.
12.06 What are proteasome inhibitors?
12.07 What immunotherapies are used in myeloma?
12.08 What steroids are used in myeloma treatment, and why?
12.09 What is a Selective Inhibitor of Nuclear Export? (SINE)
12.1 Can you go over the history of novel/new drugs?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Alexander Lesokhin, MD
- Ajai Chari, MD
- Joshua Richter, MD
- Philip McCarthy, MD
We have over 300 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma
about the author
Cynthia (Cindy) Chmielewski is a professional educator and myeloma advocate. As a former teacher, she now teaches myeloma patients how to advocate for themselves as the Director of HealthTree University. You can follow her on Twitter @myelomateacher