A CLL cancer diagnosis may cause patients to struggle with mental health. Apart from speaking with a medical professional for well-being support, below are a few self-management solutions other blood cancer patients have found helpful for anxiety and depression management which they then shared on HealthTree’s Side Effect Solutions page.
Self-management Tips to Improve Anxiety/Depression
- Physical exercise
- Focus on daily small or big wins
- Spend time with loved ones
- Controlled breathing such as 4-7-8 breathing
- Take prescribed medicine from a medical professional for anxiety or depression reduction
- Write down a list of things you are grateful for
- Spend time doing a hobby you enjoy
If self-management strategies are not sufficient to help improve your mental health, seek professional support such as counseling and/or medicine consultations to help improve your quality of life.
Have other side-effect solutions you've found helpful? Add them here!
about the author
Megan joined HealthTree as a Community Coordinator for CLL in 2022. She is the daughter of a blood cancer patient and has found a passion for helping support patients and caregivers to advance research for their cure and improve their quality of life. In her spare time, she loves to be around family, sew, and cook.