What is HealthTree University and how can I benefit from it?
HealthTree University (HTU) for CLL is:
- A FREE comprehensive curriculum for CLL patients and their caregivers
- A single place for you to LEARN everything about CLL
- Taught by CLL experts, solving all the questions you have
“In my experience, patients who are knowledgeable about their cancer and who are actively involved in their care tend to have the best treatment outcomes. I want to empower myself by learning everything I can about my cancer.” -Cindy Chmielewski, blood cancer patient
We invite you to watch HealthTree University for CLL's videos to help answer questions you may have and empower you to become an active participant in your cancer care.
To locate HealthTree University for CLL from the home page, click on "Apps & Programs" and then "University".
Now, you have access to multiple courses and lessons about CLL taught by CLL experts to help answer your questions. Courses are arranged from CLL basics to more complex topics.
Our video team is continuously seeking out more CLL specialists to gather video footage. This will make sure the information you are getting is the most recent in the ever-changing CLL treatment landscape.
Meet the Experts
CLL specialists that have helped create the videos are listed under "Faculty". More faculty members will be added as our content expands.
Topics we have so far include subjects like
- CLL Basics 1
- What is CLL?
- CLL vs SLL
- Where in the body CLL is found
- Groups/demographics affected by CLL
- Factors that influence CLL prognosis
- Signs and symptoms
- Is CLL genetic?
- Diagnostic tests
- CLL and life expectancy
- When to start treatment
- Treatment options for CLL patients
- Watch and Wait
- Stages of CLL
- Precursor conditions
- CLL and remission
- The importance of seeing a CLL specialist
- CLL Basics 2
- Genetic tests to diagnose CLL
- Testing to monitor CLL
- CLL genetic mutations
- Do I need a bone marrow biopsy?
- What is flow cytometry?
- New/emerging diagnostic tests for CLL
- News From Cancer Conferences
- Racial Disparities in CLL - ASCO 2023
- Acalabrutinib Vs Zanubrutinib For Relapsed/Refractory CLL - ASCO 2023
- CLL Basics 3
- When to get a second doctor's opinion
- How treatment success is determined
- Preparing for treatment side effects
- CLL clinical trials
- Preparing for the end of treatment
- Starting CLL Treatments
- Fixed-duration therapy and continual-duration therapy
- Know Your Therapy
- All about BTK Inhibitors
- All About Venetoclax
- Managing CLL and other Comorbidities
- Diabetes and CLL
- All About Bone Marrow Biopsies
Have questions you would like answered by CLL specialists? Email them to us at email@example.com and we will work with our video team to help get those answered for you!
We invite you to become educated about the different areas of your cancer care through HealthTree University. We hope that by doing so, you can have the best treatment outcomes for your CLL.
about the author
Megan joined HealthTree in 2022. As a writer and the daughter of a blood cancer patient, she is dedicated to helping patients and their caregivers understand the various aspects of their disease. This understanding enables them to better advocate for themselves and improve their treatment outcomes. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, sewing, and cooking.