HealthTree for MDS has created programs and tools to help support patients dealing with Myelodysplastic Syndromes. We are continuously looking to add new products to better support you living fully, even with an MDS diagnosis.
We are pleased to announce the release of an exciting new journaling tool. This tool will allow you to capture your MDS story for yourself, your family, or to share with others. It can be used to keep your friends and family updated on each step of your MDS journey. Reviewing previous entries can also help you recognize your progression.
You can contribute to the journal in several ways - by creating a typed entry, voice entry, or video entry. If you don’t feel up to typing you can simply talk and record the events of your day, treatment, transplant or recovery.
These entries can be kept private or shared with family and friends on Facebook, Twitter, or by email.
Research has shown many physical and emotional benefits to journaling including:
- Reduced stress
- Improved immune function: expressive writing has been shown to strengthen your immune system
- Improved memory: journaling has brain benefits- it can boost your memory, and comprehension
- Improved mood: writing in a journal can make you happier
- Improved emotional health and wellness by helping your brain regulate emotions
- By journaling regularly, you can become more in tune with your health by recognizing your internal needs
Blood cancer patient Michelle Peterson shares how journaling helped her when she was newly diagnosed:
Take advantage of the many health benefits by starting your own journal. Your story may inspire others along the way.
Sharing our stories connects us in our own individual path to others also experiencing MDS, offering strength and hope.
Begin documenting your story today here:
about the author
Rozalynn is the HealthTree Coach Director and wife of blood cancer patient Richard Hite. Rozalynn is an occupational therapist and mother of three beautiful children.