Community post
Deciding on Timing: SCT vs. Hip Surgery
AI-generated title
I'm 48 years old & was diagnosed in January w/ Lambda light chain myeloma. I also have +1q chromosomal abnormality. I'm currently on the Quad treatment therapy & waiting for my next bone marrow biopsy to be scheduled to find out my progress. I'm struggling with do I have the stem cell transplant now? Or should I wait until it comes back (if I'm found to be in remission of course). It's such a hard decision. I also need a hip replacement. If I don't need the sct right away I think surgery for my hip would be next. Infection is such a huge worry now though due to MM. I would love any and all thoughts!
No comments yet.