Community post
Avatar
Georgiagurl
Multiple Myeloma Discussion • December 10
Questioning Treatment by doctor
Goodness, still waiting for Fish Test results after 3 weeks of waiting. The hematologist’s nurse practitioner called to explain that doctor wants to me to begin treatment for MM regardless of not having fish results; Nurse said doctor’s decision is based on free light chain ratio of 101 and kappa level of 89. Pet scan is normal but igm is below normal at 18; iga is low normal at 76 as is igg at 660. Plasma cells at 8-10%. (Also, no CRAB or other symptoms.) I still haven’t met the doctor because nurse practitioner has been handling everything. I am not sure if treatment is necessary at this point based on the above info. I have a previously scheduled appt with doctor but not till February (apparently this is a very busy doctor) but shouldn’t doctor have called me to set up an appointment now to discuss all this instead of Nurse practitioner calling me to tell me? I am getting a second opinion at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center but I am thinking I should not treat with this first hematologist even though he is a cancer oncologist hematologist. I am obviously new to all this so any guidance anyone can provide would be great.
Avatar

No comments yet.

Related Content