Try the following recipe to get the health benefits of lean protein like chicken, berries (high in vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and manganese), healthy fats like olive oil, and pecans (rich in many vitamins and minerals to support body health).
Berry Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Total time: 20 min (prep time 10 min, cook time 10 min)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts -chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons steak-flavored grill seasoning, or any all-purpose seasoning spice mix
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries (for 2x the number of antioxidants, try wild blueberries instead of regular blueberries [can be purchased from the store])
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked through and beginning to brown (about 8 minutes), stirring occasionally. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, assemble the salad. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- Prepare the poppy seed dressing. In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar, milk, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the chicken to the salad. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 30g
Source: The Wholesome Dish